Vegan Easter Eggs & Treats:
The snow has melted and the daffodils are in bloom. The birds are all atwitter and the bunnies are hard at work doing their Easter bunny business. Yes, it’s most definitely Easer. That wonderful season of chocolate munching!
This year all vegans can rejoice as the shops are full of choices for the cruelty free & compassion conscious customers… Here we list our top 10 favourite vegan chocolate eggs and treats as well as where to buy them- Enjoy!
1. Hotel Chocolat Kids’ Dark Chocolate Easter Egg
Vegan-friendly Six solid dark and orange bunnies in the box with your hollow dark chocolate Easter egg!
Hollow egg contains: Cocoa solids (cocoa mass, cocoa butter), sugar, emulsifier (SOYA lecithin), natural flavour (vanilla).
Selector contains: cocoa solids (cocoa mass, cocoa butter), sugar, emulsifier (SOYA lecithin), natural flavour (vanilla), essential oil (orange).
Dark chocolate contains minimum 70% cocoa solids.
- Not just for kids, Hotel Chocolat do a large range of vegan chocolate treats for Easter as seen below:
Available here at Hotel Chocolat
2. Green & Black’s Organic Dark Egg
A thick-shelled, dark 70% chocolate egg. Made with the finest trinitario beans.
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
Cocoa Mass, Raw Cane Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Emulsifier (Soya Lecithin), Vanilla Extract, Certified Organic, Organic Dark Chocolate: Minimum Cocoa Solids 70%, Cocoa, Sugar, Vanilla: traded in compliance with Fairtrade Standards, total 99%
- Green & Black’s also do a special Dark Easter Range which is vegan friendly
Available here at Green & Black’s
3. Montezuma’s Dark Chocolate Egg
Dark Chocolate Egg with Peanut Butter Mini Egg Truffles
Mini Eggs – Dark chocolate contains cocoa solids 70%
Dark chocolate 56% (cocoa mass, sugar, cocoa butter, vanilla & emulsifier: soya lecithin) peanut paste 43%, emulsifier: soya lecithin & fine sea salt.
- Montezuma do a lovely vegan friendly Easter range:
Available here at Montezuma’s
4. Lindt Dark Chocolate Easter Range
Cocoa Mass, Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Emulsifier (Soya Lecithin), Flavouring (Vanillin), Cocoa Solids: 60% min.
- And of course, Easter would simply not be Easter without the Lindt Chocolate bunny…
5. Cocoa Loco Dark Chocolate Easter Mini Eggs
Dark Chocolate containing cocoa solids 73% minimum (cocoa mass, sugar, cocoa butter, vanilla powder).
- Cocoa Loco also do a lovely range of other vegan easter eggs and treats.
Available here at Cocoa Loco.
6. Booja Booja Almond & Sea Salt Caramel Easter Egg
Dark chocolate almond & salted caramel ganache, enrobed in dark chocolate.
Chocolate* (Cocoa Solids* 55%, Cane Sugar*, Vanilla*), Almond Paste* 26%, Coconut Oil*, Salted Caramel* (Cane Sugar*, Water, Sea Salt) 6%, Cocoa Powder*
* = Organically grown ingredients
Booja Booja do a fine range of exquisitely luxurious Easter Eggs:
Available here at Booja Booja
7. Moo Free Easter Bunnycomb Egg
Eater eggs infused with pieces of vegan friendly honeycomb toffee into the dairy free chocolate Easter egg shells.
Cocoa* [41%] (cocoa butter, cocoa mass), sugar* [32%], rice powder* [18%], honeycomb toffee [9%] (sugar, glucose syrup, sodium bicarbonate), emulsifier (sunflower lecithin) & natural flavouring. *Organic ingredients. 91% of the agricultural ingredients are produced in accordance with the rules of organic production.
- Moo Free do a wide range of vegan friendly chocolate treats for Easter.
Available here at Moo Free Chocolates.
8. Plamil Organic Fairtrade Alternative to Milk Chocolate Easter Egg
A hollow dairy free milk chocolate Easter egg is made in our own factory which never uses dairy, gluten or nuts.
Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Rice Powder (rice syrup, rice starch, rice flour), Cocoa Mass, Emulsifier; Sunflower lecithin
- Plamil do a variety of vegan friendly chocolate treats.
Available here at Plamil Foods.
9. Cocoa Libre Easter Vegan Selection
Delicious dairy, gluten, wheat, nut and peanut free chocolate made using rice milk, suitable for vegans and coeliacs.
Available here at Cocoalibre.
10. Choices Hollow Easter egg and 3 foil wrapped Choices caramel chocolates
Egg approx 12cm high
Dairy free, lactose free, gluten free, wheat free, egg free
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Cocoa mass, Rice Syrup, Inulin, Coconut Oil, Rice Flour, Flavourings, Emulsifiers (Soya Lecithin).
Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Fondant (Sugar, Glucose syrup, water), Invert Sugar Syrup, Cocoa Mass, Rice Syrup, Inulin, Coconut Oil, Rice Flour, Flavourings, Emulsifiers (Soya Lecithin).
- Choices by Celtic Chocolates do a range of flavours in their Dairy Free Easter Egg range.
Wishing you all a cruelty free Easter full of Love and Compassion for all!
*Please note this page contains affiliate links, you can review our Disclaimer page here. Products purchased through these links mean we receive a modest commission which helps maintain our site and helps us to continue growing- We thank you for your ongoing support!