Vegan prenatal vitamin supplements can be hard to source but the tide is turning, most companies are becoming aware that consumers are demanding good vegan health products.
- Pregnancy in particular is a time that requires extra care nutritionally on the part of the mom to be. That old adage of ‘you are what you eat’ becomes truer than ever! Your nutrition during pregnancy impacts the health of your offspring for the rest of their lives and can impact the mother’s well being in the postnatal phase. A good prenatal vitamin supplement can help support a healthy pregnancy and boost post natal health.
1. mykind Organics Prenatal Multi
- A Certified USDA Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified prenatal multivitamin formula made from certified organic whole foods.
Independently certified as both Vegan and Gluten Free. mykind Organics Prenatal Multi is designed for women during pre-conception, pregnancy and lactation. Made exclusively with organic foods and herbs, three clean tablets daily provide 21 essential vitamins and minerals with 800mcg of natural folate, 18mg of non-constipating food-sourced iron, plus soothing peppermint and ginger. It is formulated to support the needs of mother and baby during pregnancy and lactation.
Available here from Garden of Life
2. TERRANOVA Prenatal Multivitamin
- MAGNIFOOD COMPLEX 350mg
Kale (fresh freeze dried – ORGANIC) 100mg
Blackberry Fruit (fresh freeze dried) 50mg
Bilberry Fruit (fresh freeze dried) 50mg
Pumpkin Seed 50mg
Stabilized Rice Bran 50mg
Beetroot Juice & Greens (fresh freeze dried – ORGANIC) 25mg
Spinach (fresh freeze dried – ORGANIC)
25mg Calcium (as carbonate, citrate, ascorbate) 100mg
Vitamin C (as Ca, Mg, Zn ascorbate) 60mg
Magnesium (as oxide, citrate, ascorbate) 50mg
Vitamin E (d-alpha tocopheryl succinate – 30iu) 20mg
Citrus Bioflavonoids 20mg
DHA (docosahexaenoic acid – vegetarian) 15mg
Iron (as bisglycinate) 15mg
Niacin (as niacinamide) 15mg
Zinc (as ascorbate) 10mg
Pantothenic Acid (as calcium pantothenate) 5mg
Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine hydrochloride) 5mg
Choline (as bitartrate) 5mg
Vitamin B1 (as thiamin mononitrate) 3mg
Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) 3mg
Natural Beta Carotene/Mixed Carotenoids 2mg
Copper (as gluconate) 1mg
Manganese (as bisglycinate) 0.5mg
Folate (as calcium L-methylfolate) 400ug
Biotin (as prep.) 150ug
Iodine (as potassium iodide) 100ug
Selenium (as selenomethionine) 25ug
Chromium (as picolinate) 20ug
Vitamin D3 (vegan cholecalciferol [from lichen] – 400iu) 10ug
Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin) 5ug
NO ANIMAL INGREDIENTS
NO ADDED SUGAR
Available here at Terra Nova
3. Natures Plus Source Of Life Garden Prenatal Multi
- A comprehensive natural supplement for all phases of pregnancy. With the wholesome organically grown, essential vitamins and minerals necessary for reproductive health, conception, fetal health and healthy lactation.
35 organic whole foods
High Potency vitamins and minerals
30,000 total ORAC
Free from Yeast and all Major FALCPA Allergens
Certified Organic Women’s Botanicals: Organic Ginger, Organic Prune, Organic Flax, Organic Fenugreek,
Available here at Nature’s Plus
4. Deva Vegan Prenatal Multivitamin & Mineral One Daily
- DEVA Nutrition has taken high quality vegan suitable vitamins and combined them into a vitamin tailored to the pregnant woman.
DEVA Vegan Prenatal Formula provides 138% of the recommended daily allowances of folic acid and, over 1500% of the RDV of Vitamin B12 for those who feel taking higher amounts is important for their nutritional goals.
Available here at Deva Nutrition.
5. Veganicity Pregnancy Essentials
A comprehensive Vitamin and Mineral Combo for before, during and after pregnancy.
A comprehensive vegan pregnancy vitamin and mineral combination, that includes 25 major nutrients needed to help safeguard the health of mother and baby, including beta carotene, vitamins C, D and E, B complex, minerals, Folic Acid and vitamin K2.
Calcium (Phosphate), Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Magnesium (Oxide), Iron (Ferrous Gluconate), Zinc (Gluconate), Iodine (Kelp), Beta Carotene, Vitamin E (D-ALpha Tocopheryl Succinate), Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine HCI), Niacin (Nicotinamide), Choline & Hydrogen Citrate, Inositol, Thiamin (Vitamin B1), Vitamin B5 (Calcium d-Pantothenate), Riboflavin, Selenium (Selenomthnionine), Manganese (Gluconate), Vitamin D3, Chromium (Picolinate), Folic Acid (Folacin), Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin), Biotin, Molybdenum, Vitamin K2
Minimum natural binders and fillers
Available here at Veganicity
6. Naturelo Prenatal Whole Food Multivitamin.
Formula with Natural Vitamins A, C, D3, E, and K2 with ORGANIC Fruits & Vegetables
Features B12 from Methylcobalamin
B6 from P-5-P
MTHFR-friendly Folate (not Folic Acid)
Vitamin C from Organic Acerola Cherries
Vitamin E from Organic Rice Bran
Plant-based Calcium from Algae
Iodine from Organic Kelp
Food-based Formula with Raw B-Complex Vitamins Cultured in Probiotics
No Preservatives, Coloring or Flavoring
Available here from Naturelo.
7. Natures Aid Pregnancy Multi-Vitamins.
Natures Aid Pregnancy Multi-Vitamins and Minerals Tablets (23 Essential Vitamins and Minerals, 60 Tablets- Vegan Society Approved)
A multi-vitamin & mineral complex for nutritional support; before conception, during pregnancy & whilst breastfeeding. This balanced complex includes nutrients such as: Iron for normal energy yielding metabolism, the normal formation of Red Blood Cells and Haemoglobin, normal oxygen transport, normal cognitive function and a reduction in Tiredness & Fatigue; Folic Acid – to support normal maternal tissue growth in pregnancy and normal blood formation. Supplemental folic acid intake increases maternal folate status. Low maternal folate status is a risk factor in the development of neural tube defects in the developing foetus. B Vitamin Complex to help the normal functioning of the nervous system, normal psychological function and normal energy yielding metabolism. Zinc which supports normal fertility and reproduction, normal DNA synthesis, the maintenance of normal hair, skin and nails and normal immune function. Zinc also plays a role in cell division.
Available here at Nature’s Aid
8. HealthAid Pregnazon
Specially formulated and carefully balanced with 23 vital ingredients to provide the recommended daily intake of essential nutrients
essential for the healthy growth of babys skeletal, eyes, heart and immune system
is particularly important during pregnancy – to make new cells (especially blood cells) and build a healthy nervous system
From pre-conception, to pregnancy and breastfeeding
Vital nutrients will also help to give mums energy, to prepare for the birth and looking after baby when it is born.
Available here at Health Aid.
9. Rainbow Light – Prenatal One Multivitamin
- FOOD BASED MULTIVITAMIN: Vitamins A, C, D2 and iron support blood, bone, skin and immune health
- GENTLE PRENATAL BLEND: Easy to digest, once a day tablet energizes and eases discomfort with non-constipating ingredients
- FOLIC ACID: Provides 800 micrograms, which promotes healthy brain and spinal development
- SUPERFOOD ADDITIONS: Spirulina, red raspberry and ginger combined with plant-source enzymes and 25 million CFU probiotics to enhance digestion
Available here at Rainbow Light.
10. Mayfair Nutrition Pregnancy Multivitamin
Pregnancy Multivitamin | Complete with 16 Essential Vitamins and Minerals | 45 Tablets | Suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans
- FOLIC ACID: A required intake of 400mcg of folic acid daily is required for all expecting mums both when planning and during pregnancy. This contributes to maternal tissue growth during pregnancy.
- CALCIUM: Helps the baby develop strong bones and teeth as well as grow a healthy heart, nerves and muscles.
- COPPER & IRON: Your blood supply doubles and thus, you need more copper essential for forming red blood cells. Iron is an essential element for the normal formation of red blood cells and hemoglobin which helps transport oxygen throughout the body.
- VITAMIN C, VITAMIN B2, VITAMIN B6, VITAMIN B12, NIACIN, FOLIC ACID, IODINE, MAGNESIUM, AND IRON: Helps in the reduction of tiredness and fatigue. ZINC: Contributes to normal fertility and reproduction.
Available here at Mayfair Nutrition.
All expecting mums both when planning and during pregnancy require good nutrition and these supplements can help to support that goal. The Vegan Society gives some useful information on having a healthy vegan pregnancy in this article.
*Please note this page contains affiliate links, you can review our Disclaimer page here. Products purchased through these links mean we receive a modest commission which helps maintain our site and helps us to continue growing- We thank you for your ongoing support!